“How can I update Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 on my android phone?” is the most asked question after Google announced the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. And also this question has been asked by users having Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation, HTC Desire S, Samsung S, and many other latest phones, so its not like that those who have older versions are demanding an upgrade; rather Ice Cream Sandwich features attract a user to go for it. I own a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I can also feel the excitement you have.
Let me tell you this very straight, Ice Cream Sandwich has not been rolled out publicly yet. Its still only available for developers, it will be available for all in November 2011.
Right now only Developers can work on the sdk, here are some of the best features they can try their hands on.
- Unified UI toolkit: A single set of UI components, styles, and capabilities for phones, tablets, and other devices.
- Rich communication and sharing: New social and calendar APIs, Android Beam for NFC-based instant sharing, Wi-Fi Direct support, Bluetooth Health Device Profile support.
- Deep interactivity and customization: Improved notifications, lockscreen with camera and music controls, and improved app management in the launcher.
- New graphics, camera, and media capabilities: Image and video effects, precise camera metering and face detection, new media codecs and containers.
- Interface and input: Hardware-accelerated 2D drawing, new grid-based layout, improved soft keyboard, spell-checker API, stylus input support, and better mouse support.
- Improved accessibility: New accessibility APIs and text-to-speech APIs for writing new engines.
- Enhancements for enterprise: Keychain and VPN APIs for managing credentials and connections, a new administrator policy for disabling the camera.
How to Update Ice Cream Sandwich on Phone
Galaxy Nexus is the first phone built for Ice Cream Sandwich and combines cutting-edge Samsung hardware with Android 4.0. Simple, beautiful and beyond smart. For others there is no update so far, if that comes; it will come in a usual way. You connect your phone to PC or Laptop, open your KIES or HTC sync or any other software you use for device and check for updates. Its suggested that you do this once Ice Cream Sandwich releases for public.
Stay tuned for more updates on Android 4.0 and watch this video -