Have you ever thought of enabling forensic access to password-protected backups for smartphones and portable devices based on RIM BlackBerry and Apple iOS platforms. A tool that supports all Blackberry smartphones as well as Apple devices running iOS including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices of all generations released to date, including the latest iPhone 4 and iOS 4.1. Whether you have thought or not. I am sure you will need it.
Here is a tool with which you can access your encrypted data on the phone and even in the backups you have taken before.
Here is a quick view for what all you can do with this tool-
- Gain access to information stored in password-protected iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch backups
- Decrypt encrypted BlackBerry backups
- Recover original plain-text passwords
- Read and decrypt keychain data (email account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords you enter into websites and some other applications)
- Save time with cost-efficient GPU acceleration when one or several ATI or NVIDIA video cards are installed*
- Hardware acceleration on Tableau TACC1441 hardware
- Perform advanced dictionary attacks with highly customizable permutations
- Perform offline attacks without Apple iTunes or BlackBerry Desktop Software installed
- Recover passwords to backups for original and ‘jailbroken’ iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod Touch 1st to 4th Gen devices
- Recover passwords to all BlackBerry smartphones released to date
- Compatible with all versions of iTunes (incl. 10.0) and iOS (3 and 4, incl. 4.1) and BlackBerry Desktop Software
- iPhone backup decryption using known password
- Using AES-NI instructions to speed up BlackBerry backups’ password recovery
- AMD Radeon HD 6970 and NVIDIA GTX 580 support
The tool I am talking about is known as Elcomsoft, you can read more about it below -
You can download free trial for this tool here
Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker supports an advanced dictionary attack with customizable permutations. According to multiple security researches, the majority of users choose meaningful, dictionary-based passwords that are easier for them to remember. Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker is able to recover such passwords and their variations quickly and efficiently no matter which language they are. Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker supports a variety of permutations of dictionary words, trying hundreds of variants for each dictionary word to ensure the best possible chance to recover the password.
Extract and Decrypt Stored Passwords
In Apple iPhone devices, passwords to email accounts, Web sites, and certain third-party software are stored securely in keychains that are encrypted with hardware keys unique to each individual device. Prior to the release of iOS 4, keychains remained encrypted with a device-specific hardware key; but with the release of Apple iOS 4, the keychains are stored encrypted only with backup’s master password. Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker is able to instantly read and decrypt all keychain data including stored passwords if a backup password is known or recovered.
Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker does not use Apple iTunes or BlackBerry Desktop Software, and does not need to have those products installed. All password recovery operations are performed offline.