To make your computer type whatever you speak, you need to get some time to make your computer learn how you speak and pronounce.
For a better voice commands you need a very good microphone. Avoid cheaper microphones since they tend to pick up a lot of background noise.
- Go to Control Panel
- Click Ease of Access
- Click Speech Recognition
- Click Take Speech Tutorial
- Now follow the instruction, this tutorial you need to run once and from then your computer will follow what you say
Complete the entire process of tutorial and thats it, now open a document and simple start speaking and your computer will type.
Key Benefits and Features:
- Multiple languages: Windows Speech Recognition in Windows Vista is available in eight languages/dialects: English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- Correction: One is able to fix incorrectly recognized words by selecting from alternatives provided for the dictated phrase or word, or by spelling the word.
- Dictation: Address e-mails and documents by dictation; make corrections, and save the work.
- Adaptation: Modification and adaptation to speaking styles and accents. The software learns and improves the interaction with the computer
- Command: This is the “Say what you see” feature. It enables one to naturally control applications and complete tasks. Among such them are launching documents or applications, formatting, saving or deleting documents.
- Disambiguation: Ambiguous words and phrasings can be resolved with a user interface for clarification. If something can be misinterpreted, the software can clarify it.